Why the FAB Region is the Best Place to Start a Brewery
Ontario’s artisan Food and Beverage (FAB) Region is a unique economic development partnership between the counties of Hastings, Prince Edward, Lennox & Addington, and the Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation.
It is a Great Place to Live and Work
The FAB Region is comprised of four counties, and is located between Toronto and Ottawa. With access to rich farm land, strong economies, as well as picturesque waterfront, the FAB Region possesses a unique landscape.
Amazing Food from Local Producers
Grow and Use Their Own Hops
Many FAB breweries grow and harvest their own hops, but there are also many hop growers located within the region as well!
Support Other Craft Breweries
They Get Involved with Local Events
Many New Breweries Opening
The growth of craft breweries in the FAB Region continues to grow and expand! It is exciting to learn of entrepreneurs who have made the decision to open a brewery in this wonderful region. Thinking of starting a brewery? Click here.
- Tour our Region Discover our FAB Region & take the new Discovery Tour
- Bancroft Brewing Company New craft brewery in Bancroft opens
- iCraft Brew Download the start-up handbook
- New Craft Brewery MacKinnon Brothers Brewing opens
- Living their dream Limestone Organic Creamery - Frontenac County
- New Winery for Hastings County Living the winery dream
- Living their dream 66 Gilead Distillery - Prince Edward County
- Living their dream Zia Rita's Gluten Free Bakery - Lennox & Addington County
- Living their dream Seed to Sausage - County of Frontenac
- iPad app Own an iPad? You should download our iPad app informing you how to start a cheesemaking business in Eastern Ontario
- Potter's Settlement Vineyard and Winery Learn more about a new winery opening up in our region!
- FAB Region iPad App Wins Award