East Central Ontario, between Toronto and Kingston, is home to several unique and interesting craft breweries. Here are why craft breweries in East Central Ontario are FABulous.
1. They Throw Festivals
To celebrate their first anniversary, the MacKinnon Brothers Brewing Co. decided to organize “Back-to-the-Farm,” a day of craft beer, local music and food, and fun with friends. The event touted its own Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as the hashtag, #BackToTheFarm.
2. They Support Local Organizations
The folks at Barley Days Brewery are never too busy to support a local organization, like the Children’s Mental Health Fundraiser held in Prince Edward County earlier this summer.
Thank you to #BarleyDaysBrewery for supporting Children’s Mental Health Fundraiser #princeedwardcounty A photo posted by Hurley Law LLP (@hurleylawllp) on
3. They Always Have a Bottle Opener
The fine folks at Church-Key Brewing always have a spare bottle opener… or two.
4. Offering Awesome Beverage Flights
Can’t choose just one? The County Canteen offers flights of beer, also known as the Canteen Beer Flight. Cheers!
A photo posted by J.J. Sommer (@jj.sommer) on
5. They Have Sweet Swag
The breweries in East Central Ontario, like County Road Beer, have created some awesome swag that you’ll want to have! You can even shop online!
We’ve taken over a corner at @hinterlandwine we are selling Hoodies, men’s and women’s t’s, baseball caps, and sweat bands (to help you channel your inner angry ’80s tennis player!). Online shop coming soon. Stay tuned!
A photo posted by County Road Beer (@countyroadbeer) on
Have you visited a FAB brewery and would like to add something to the list? Let us know!
Situated half-way between Toronto and Ottawa, the FAB (Food & Beverage) Region is making a name for itself in the world of craft beer. There are currently six breweries in operation, with another three scheduled to open in 2015. Below you will find a map and detailed listing of all the FABulous craft breweries!
Lake on the Mountain Brewing Co.
264 County Road 7, Prince Edward County
Stay tuned! These craft breweries (below) will be in operation in 2015.
- Tour our Region Discover our FAB Region & take the new Discovery Tour
- Bancroft Brewing Company New craft brewery in Bancroft opens
- iCraft Brew Download the start-up handbook
- New Craft Brewery MacKinnon Brothers Brewing opens
- Living their dream Limestone Organic Creamery - Frontenac County
- New Winery for Hastings County Living the winery dream
- Living their dream 66 Gilead Distillery - Prince Edward County
- Living their dream Zia Rita's Gluten Free Bakery - Lennox & Addington County
- Living their dream Seed to Sausage - County of Frontenac
- iPad app Own an iPad? You should download our iPad app informing you how to start a cheesemaking business in Eastern Ontario
- Potter's Settlement Vineyard and Winery Learn more about a new winery opening up in our region!
- FAB Region iPad App Wins Award