Events & Workshops
Starting a small & profitable craft brewery
On Saturday, January 30th from 1 pm – 3 pm at the Lennox and Addington County Museum, 97 Thomas Street in Napanee. The feature presenter is Mike Arnold, founder of Trafalgar Brewing Company. Fee $10 – to register, visit our Eventbrite page.
If you are considering starting a craft brewery in Frontenac, Hastings, Lennox and Addington or Prince Edward County, please join us for this presentation. This will focus on the costs involved in starting and running a brewery – looking at different types of operations such as contract brewing, retrofitting existing space vs building new, farmstead, etc. Can a brewery be profitable in a rural community?
It will cover pitfalls to look for and tips in running a successful small brewery. There is also an opportunity to go to a local pub after the presentation to discuss starting a brewery further over a pint.
About the presenter – Mike Arnold founded Trafalgar Brewing Company in Oakville in 1993. Originally , established as a craft brewery specializing in uniquely brewed small batches of beer, the company is now recognized as one of Ontario’s most progressive small breweries. Mike and his wife Nancy have gone on to open The Old Mill Brewery, Black Creek Historic Brewery, Trafalgar Artisanal Distillery, and Brasseries des Quatre Lunes. Mike taught brewery management at Niagara College and is a member of the Ontario Craft Brewer’s Association. Among his accomplishments, Mike was awarded LCBO’s Elsie Award for Leadership and Innovation in the brewing industry and Agricultural and Agrifood Canada’s award of Excellence for Innovation.
- Taste Trail – Prince Edward County – Cycle or drive quiet country back roads along this self-guided route linking sustainable farms, artisanal cheesemakers, wineries, cafes and restaurants producing phenomenal dishes using local ingredients. We invite you to sip, taste and savour your way through the County! More info
- Wine Route – Prince Edward County – Our winemakers are serious about wine, but the tasting experience in The County is refreshingly unpretentious. Sip award-winning wines while quietly looking out over acres of vineyards, or enjoy the hustle and bustle of a crowded patio. More info
- October 17 – Wellington Pumpkinfest: Prince Edward County.This wonderful whacky festival of pumpkins starts with a pancake breakfast, proceeds to the Parade of Giant Pumpkins and carries on all day with games, music, food and fun, in the lakeside village of Wellington. More Info.
- November 4-5 – Eastern Ontario Food Conference. More info.
- November 4-29 – COUNTYlicious: Prince Edward County. Participating Countylicious restaurants offer fixed price menus priced at $30 or $35 per person. Celebrate our culinary community – Prince Edward County - More info.
- Wassail- November-December, Prince Edward County. Celebrating another harvest and the laying of vines to rest. The event takes place over 3 weekends in November & December and each participating winery hosts a variety winter festivities including things like mulled wines, tasty treats and carolling! – More info
- March 28 & 29 – Maple in the County: Prince Edward County. The 14th Annual Maple in the County event features 10 maple syrup producers and a number of participating wineries, shops and restaurants. More info.
- April 10-May 3 – COUNTYlicious: Prince Edward County. Participating Countylicious restaurants offer fixed price menus priced at $30 or $35 per person.Celebrate our culinary community – Book your table early. More info.
- May 9 – Terroir: Prince Edward County Winegrower’s Association annual Spring Showcase. Sample wines from across the region and pair them with gourmet food samples. More info.
- May 16, 11am-5pm – Day of the Pig: Sharbot Lake. Whole roast pig, artisanal tasting market, buskers, cooking demonstrations, and Ontario top restaurants cooking lunch! More info.
- June 6 & 7 – The Great Canadian Cheese Festival: Picton Fairgrounds, Prince Edward County. The fifth anniversary Cheese Festival features outstanding Canadian cheese makers from coast to coast. More info.
- August 1 – Maple Day: Sharbot Lake Farmer’s Market
- August 23 – Back to the Farm, MacKinnon Brothers Brewery. Celebrate with the MacKinnon Brothers, enjoy local food and entertainment. More info.
- August 26-29 – 2015 Canadian Plowing Championship: Pyke Meadows, Wolfe Island. More info.
- September 5, 9am-2pm: Verona Garlic Festival. Family event with something available for all ages. Children’s Centre, mini-golf, mini-tour train, guest chefs, demonstration, wine and beer tasting and more. More info.
- September 17, 7:30pm – Limestone Beekeepers Guild Meeting, Sydenham Library.
- September 26 – TASTE! Community Grown: Prince Edward County. Meet some of the region’s finest chefs, winemakers, beer, spirits and cider masters. Sample the best gourmet food from top local restaurants and artisan food producers. Buy fresh produce and VQA wines in our farmer’s market. More info.
- Stirling Water Buffalo Food Festival - Stirling. More info.