The Food and Beverage (FAB) Region partners are pleased to announce a new video series showcasing four craft brewers in their region – 555 Brewing Co., Bancroft Brewing Co., The Napanee Beer Company and Wolfe Island Spring Craft Brewery. The videos may be viewed here. The goal of the video series is to raise awareness of the FAB Region through profiling some emerging craft breweries.
In late 2013, in anticipation of the craft brewery boom,the FAB team developed a downloadable handbook on “How to Start A Craft Brewery” as a way to offer supporting resources to aspiring craft brewers and to generate leads and interest in the region. The videos are yet another tool the team has created to support startups. In their interviews, the brewers provide advice to new brewers, discuss what they would do differently, the most difficult obstacles they faced when starting out and where they see the industry going.
Ontario’s Food and Beverage (FAB) Region is an investment marketing partnership structured to attract and grow small scale (artisanal) food and beverage businesses. The partners are the Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) and the Counties of Hastings, Prince Edward, and Lennox and Addington. The partners strategically focused on craft brewing in 2013 based on both the region’s agricultural and tourism strengths and growth in the sector. Now today, with over 20 breweries and counting, the economic development offices have proved an excellent resource for new business inquiries and those looking to start a craft brewery. This initiative has been supported by the Frontenac CFDC, the Counties of Hastings, Prince Edward and Lennox and Addington and the Community Futures of North and Central Hastings and South Algonquin.
For more information contact
Trevor Crowe, Prince Edward County 613.476.2148 ext: 2504 TCrowe@pecounty.on.ca
Stephen Paul, County of Lennox and Addington 613-354-4883 ext 3234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Redden, County of Hastings 613.966.6712 ext. 4011 email@example.com
Anne Prichard, Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation 613-372-1414 Ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 –
For more information contact
613-372-1414 Ext 204
- Tour our Region Discover our FAB Region & take the new Discovery Tour
- Bancroft Brewing Company New craft brewery in Bancroft opens
- iCraft Brew Download the start-up handbook
- New Craft Brewery MacKinnon Brothers Brewing opens
- Living their dream Limestone Organic Creamery - Frontenac County
- New Winery for Hastings County Living the winery dream
- Living their dream 66 Gilead Distillery - Prince Edward County
- Living their dream Zia Rita's Gluten Free Bakery - Lennox & Addington County
- Living their dream Seed to Sausage - County of Frontenac
- iPad app Own an iPad? You should download our iPad app informing you how to start a cheesemaking business in Eastern Ontario
- Potter's Settlement Vineyard and Winery Learn more about a new winery opening up in our region!
- FAB Region iPad App Wins Award