If you’re an aspiring brewmaster and working towards opening your own craft brewery, microbrewery, or nanobrewery, you’ll want to check out the iCraftBrew PDF.
The iCraftBrew is a free PDF handbook designed to help you open a craft brewery in the FAB Region (i.e. Hastings County, Lennox & Addington County, Prince Edward County, Frontenac CFDC).
Here are the main topics found within the iCraftBrew PDF:
Preparing For Your Brewery
Before delving into any business venture, it is important to determine the potential market size. In the case of craft beer, the Ontario Craft Brewer’s market share for premium priced brands has more than tripled since 2002, growing from less than 1% to over 3% of the beer volume sold in Ontario and continues to be the fastest growing segment within the LCBO’s beer category. In addition, Ontario is now home to more than 100 craft breweries!
Once you have a grasp on the market, you will begin to develop your idea further. In this phase you will begin to ask many, many, many questions, like:
- What are my objectives for entering the craft brewing industry?
- Where do I want my brewery to be located? (In the FAB Region, of course!)
- How much will it cost to launch my craft brewery?
Finally, you will develop a business plan. A business plan is important as it increases your chances of success by forcing you to consider every aspect of your business. The plan also serves as an on-going benchmark, allowing you to gauge success and plan for growth. The business plan is what investors, including banks, want to see in order to determine whether you and your business are good risks.
Setting-Up Your Brewery
Financing is a big question for many entrepreneurs. Download the app to review available financing –> Apple or Android.
Do you know all the regulations, licences, and permits required to properly operate a craft brewery? The FAB Region can assist you with determining and obtaining the applicable permits and licences in order to legally operate your craft brewery.
Will you rent or purchase the property for your craft brewery? Regardless, there are a number of considerations, including water supply, electrical wiring, square footage, ceiling height, and ventilation. Once you’ve found the perfect location, you will need to source the brewing equipment and supplies you need to brew your beer! The iCraftBrew PDF has a great list of equipment to get started.
Selling Your Craft Beer
It’s entirely possible to effectively market your craft brewery business without spending a fortune on traditional advertising. The iCraftBrew app will provide you with tips and information about marketing your new brewery, including branding, networking, and developing websites.
If you need further assistance, or would like to speak to someone in a specific region, please contact us!
Frontenc CFDC: Anne Prichard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hastings County: Andrew Redden, email@example.com
Lennox & Addington County: Stephen Paul, landafabregion.ca
Prince Edward County: Neil Carbone, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour our Region Discover our FAB Region & take the new Discovery Tour
- Bancroft Brewing Company New craft brewery in Bancroft opens
- iCraft Brew Download the start-up handbook
- New Craft Brewery MacKinnon Brothers Brewing opens
- Living their dream Limestone Organic Creamery - Frontenac County
- New Winery for Hastings County Living the winery dream
- Living their dream 66 Gilead Distillery - Prince Edward County
- Living their dream Zia Rita's Gluten Free Bakery - Lennox & Addington County
- Living their dream Seed to Sausage - County of Frontenac
- iPad app Own an iPad? You should download our iPad app informing you how to start a cheesemaking business in Eastern Ontario
- Potter's Settlement Vineyard and Winery Learn more about a new winery opening up in our region!
- FAB Region iPad App Wins Award